[Server issue] World isn't playable anymore with the new 7.4 release

• The bug accurs when I click on the continue button in the main menu. It tries to load the world but when it says "connetcting..." the game will stuck there and after some time it throws out a bug.
    Client version: 0.7.4.5 beta

ServerCrash AggregateException 05171118.ecodmp
    no connection to remote host.txt

Views

• @SKYL00P said:

The bug accurs when I click on the continue button in the main menu. It tries to load the world but when it says "connetcting..." the game will stuck there and after some time it throws out a bug.
    Client version: 0.7.4.5 beta

ServerCrash AggregateException 05171118.ecodmp
    no connection to remote host.txt

First, try opting out of beta and see if that helps. If not, see below.

You now use your gameport instead of webport to connect, so if you used to connect to port 3001, you would now use 3000 if you used default ports.

If creating a standalone server on a machine with the client server already installed through the game, you have to use ports other than the default, perhaps 4000 and 4001, although you always use 2999 as the listening port and share with the client. You may have to check out your support pages for your ISP to learn about your router or google your router make and model for a manual to read information about port forwarding. Usually your ISP support site will have information on port forwarding for your modem/router. If the router is not from your ISP or they do not have that information for you, there are many guides online about how to do this, and it is a relatively easy process.

Next important thing: If your server's not showing up, you need to go into appdata/LocalLow/Strange Loop Games/ and delete the Eco folder then restart Eco and it will write new files. To get it to populated you may need to open the filter (middle button between search and refresh) and click 'apply'.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• "You now use your gameport instead of webport to connect, so if you used to connect to port 3001, you would now use 3000 if you used default ports."

Why is this like that? Took me much time to break the problem down to this shit. Would've been nice to show a message after the update. Opened a ticket at my hosters website for nothing. Time and money wasted, cause you are too lazy to proper inform yours costumers about major changes.

• @Knutowskie said:

"You now use your gameport instead of webport to connect, so if you used to connect to port 3001, you would now use 3000 if you used default ports."

Why is this like that? Took me much time to break the problem down to this shit. Would've been nice to show a message after the update. Opened a ticket at my hosters website for nothing. Time and money wasted, cause you are too lazy to proper inform yours costumers about major changes.

I'm very sorry you wasted your time, however, this was literally the first line in the changelog and the changelog was posted here and every other social media channel that we have.

http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/4575/beta-7-4-0-has-been-released

I would suggest first reading the changelogs or contacting support in the future.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• I am not forwarding any port. What I tried to do was to click on continue as always. So that I am not messing around with a server I wasn't expecting that but thanks for the advice.

But still, I dont know what to do. I can connect to every other worlds I created but this one won't load. Or I should better say connect. I turned the firewall of so that this won't get in my way but still nothing.

Edit: I think you didn't understand that I play locally. In my experience there is no port forwarding or anything related to that necessary to connect on a local server. In the server dumb I saw something wired I look for it.

• --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    05/17/2018 20:11:18

Exception
    Exception: InvalidCastException
    Message:Das Objekt des Typs "Eco.Gameplay.Items.Actionbar.BackpackItem" kann nicht in Typ
    "Eco.Gameplay.Garbage.GarbageManager" umgewandelt werden.

"""""""Message: The object of the type: "Eco.Gameplay.Items.Actionbar.BackpackItem" could not be converted to: "Eco.Gameplay.Garbage.GarbageManager""""""""

Source:Eco.Core

System.InvalidCastException: Das Objekt des Typs "Eco.Gameplay.Items.Actionbar.BackpackItem" kann nicht in Typ "Eco.Gameplay.Garbage.GarbageManager" umgewandelt werden.
    at Eco.Core.Serialization.DataStore.Load[T](String folder, Action2 createFunc) at Eco.Core.Plugins.StorageManager.CreateOrLoad[StorageType](String folder, Action1 onCreate)
    at Eco.Core.Plugins.SimplePlugin1.DoLoad(String name) at Eco.Core.Plugins.SimplePlugin1..ctor(String name)

--END DUMP--

I translated the message. An Item is preventing the game to load properly. Don't know what to do...

• @SKYL00P said:

I am not forwarding any port. What I tried to do was to click on continue as always. So that I am not messing around with a server I wasn't expecting that but thanks for the advice.

But still, I dont know what to do. I can connect to every other worlds I created but this one won't load. Or I should better say connect. I turned the firewall of so that this won't get in my way but still nothing.

Edit: I think you didn't understand that I play locally. In my experience there is no port forwarding or anything related to that necessary to connect on a local server. In the server dumb I saw something wired I look for it.

Try validating the files on Steam. Let me know if that works.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• Experienced the same issue with my server. 7.4.5 required a new world to be generated. It doesn't help that the world generator configs reset after any update, any chance this could be the cause?

• @SKYL00P @Sch0f

Okay, let's work this through.

1. Is this a client world or a standalone server?
    2. Are the server and client running the same version?
    3. Are any mods added to this server?
    4. Is this happening on other servers?

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!