7.4.5 Released!

• Fixed a variety of problems that could occur if the master server is unreachable
    • Fixed some chunk issues near world borders and wrapping issues with vehicles
    • Fixed invisible vehicles when someone drives into your view range
    • Fixed stretched animals near world borders
    • Fixed webserver link from using the wrong address
    • Fixed some performance issues with stats and the web server
    • Fixed an issue where server passwords were being double-encrypted on server startup. Server passwords will now show in plain text in the server window but are still encrypted when sent between client and server. Existing server passwords will need to be reset to the desired value.
    • Fixed a bug in client-side predictions that sometimes made blocks appear, disappear then reappear in your carried slot.
    • Added a warning when the server is unresponsive to user status

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

• Is there anyway to revert to 7.4.4 ??

The reason I ask is the server I was playing on is still version 7.4.4 and my game is purchased through Steam. I guess the game automatically updated which prohibits me from joining the server I have dedicated over 40hours of play-time to.

Thanks.

• Yes, if you're playing it through steam. Click on the game in your library, then properties and then the Beta Tab. From there you'll see a drop-down list of the various versions. You can click on 7.4.4 from there and it will revert the server to that version.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• [QUOTE]Server passwords will now show in plain text in the server window but are still encrypted when sent between client and server.[/QUOTE]

Huh? My password VISIBLE to the SERVER OPERATOR, a THIRD ENTITY? My (same) password that I use for Banking, Windows Log-On, E-Mail and so on? (Ok, that was cynical, I know, but people like that still exist.) Can't you use some form of hashing the (salted) password, so that it is never actually transmitted over the wire, no matter whether encrypted or not?

• No one sees the password but the person typing it in. When sent, it's encrypted. Unless people are looking over your shoulder when you type it in, you shouldn't be concerned about it. :)

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• This post is deleted!

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!