EcoServer.exe crashes when starting

• Hello,

while playing Eco on my own steamserver yesterday the server suddenly crashed. I tried to restart it but after loading the world in the console it crashed again. This happens every time I try to restart it :(
    I didn`t find a solution yet so hopefully someone can help me :)

The dumpfile says:

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    05/14/2018 11:43:45

Exception
    Exception: Exception
    Source:Eco.Core

System.Exception: Error(s) occurred when loading World
    at Eco.Core.Serialization.DataStore.LoadAsync[T](String folder, Action`2 createFunc)
    at Eco.World.PersistentChunkGrid.Load()
    at Eco.World.WorldPlugin..ctor()

--END DUMP--

Thank you for your help!

OlsenYoshi

Views

• @OlsenYoshi said:

Hello,

while playing Eco on my own steamserver yesterday the server suddenly crashed. I tried to restart it but after loading the world in the console it crashed again. This happens every time I try to restart it :(
    I didn`t find a solution yet so hopefully someone can help me :)

The dumpfile says:

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    05/14/2018 11:43:45

Exception
    Exception: Exception
    Source:Eco.Core

System.Exception: Error(s) occurred when loading World
    at Eco.Core.Serialization.DataStore.LoadAsync[T](String folder, Action`2 createFunc)
    at Eco.World.PersistentChunkGrid.Load()
    at Eco.World.WorldPlugin..ctor()

--END DUMP--

Thank you for your help!

OlsenYoshi

Networking has changed recently and that might be the issue. You now use your gameport instead of webport to connect, so if you used to connect to port 3001, you would now use 3000 if you used default ports.

If creating a standalone server on a machine with the client-server already installed through the game, you have to use ports other than the default, perhaps 4000 and 4001, although you always use 2999 as the listening port and share with the client. You may have to check out your support pages for your ISP to learn about your router or google your router make and model for a manual to read information about port forwarding. Usually, your ISP support site will have information on port forwarding for your modem/router. If the router is not from your ISP or they do not have that information for you, there are many guides online about how to do this, and it is a relatively easy process.

Next important thing: If your server's not showing up, you need to go into appdata/LocalLow/Strange Loop Games/ and delete the Eco folder then restart Eco and it will write new files. To get it to populated you may need to open the filter (middle button between search and refresh) and click 'apply'.

Also, 'validate files' via Steam for the game and make sure your graphic card drivers are up-to-date.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• first of all thank you for your tips and the fast reply! :)

but unfortunately I still have the same problem.
    I opened the ports 2999-3001 at my router and firewall. antivirus software is also disabled. Also I checked the ecoserver for the ports and like you said it is 3000 for gameport an 3001 for webport.
    graphic darc drivers are up-to-date too and I aslo tried 'validate files' via steam.

-> It changed nothing :(

Do you have any other tips that I could try?

OlsenYoshi

• Hiii there! if you haven't gotten this problem solved i may have a solution for you!

firstly, i hope you have a backup of the world! because once you get this error the world is no good!
    second! this is due to incompatible mods with server version, if you run CTK (ClayC's ToolKit) this will be due to using a pre 7.4.4 released ctk version,

here's how to fix it!
    with your backup completely update everything to 7.4.5 and then download ClayC's latest toolkit update! which is for 7.4.4 but works fine with 7.4.5! if the problem is still not resolved it may be due to another mod, but we had alot of people with this issue and it has soon been fixed due to the newest updates!

The Aussie 24/7 Server Admin.

• @OlsenYoshi said:

first of all thank you for your tips and the fast reply! :)

but unfortunately I still have the same problem.
    I opened the ports 2999-3001 at my router and firewall. antivirus software is also disabled. Also I checked the ecoserver for the ports and like you said it is 3000 for gameport an 3001 for webport.
    graphic darc drivers are up-to-date too and I aslo tried 'validate files' via steam.

-> It changed nothing :(

Do you have any other tips that I could try?

OlsenYoshi

First, try opting out of Beta. If nothing changes, try deleting the Eco folder then restart Eco. appdata/LocalLow/Strange Loop Games/

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• @ShaydenMac

thank you both for your help! and sorry for my late response.
    I don't run mods on my server, so this should not be the problem.

I deleted the Eco folder on Thursday but nothing changed after I tried to restart the server.

However today I managed to run the server again and my friends and I can join :)I did change nothing since thursday and now it is working just fine and I am not quiet sure why.
    really weird....

but in the end I can play again with my friends :) So thank you so much again for your help! Great support!

OlsenYoshi

• Glad it's working again! So strange! Let me know if you need help with anything else. :)

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!