how do you stop ground pollution spread ?

• i got rid of the source which was tailings even though it was deep down in the ground surounded by stone all the way around for a few layers and some how it still managed tyo pollute the ground way above but now i got the spread causing havok , help!!?

Views

• Keep tailings underground, not touching any dirt in a solid never pickaxes stone box - too remove the mess caused by tailings... It shall slowly disappear over a certain time period. some trees and plants shall never recover the green colour though

• Tailings need to be buried surrounded by stone and then the stone surrounded by dirt - underground on all 4 sides, top and bottom too.

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    Teamspeak: ks.ts3.ksv.co
    reddit moderator: rentechd

• @rentechd said:

Tailings need to be buried surrounded by stone and then the stone surrounded by dirt - underground on all 4 sides, top and bottom too.

Any chance at specifics on this? (Newish player here). I haven't reached tailings yet, but no doubt will eventually.

1. How far underground? Bedrock (is there even a bedrock?)

2. So a stone layer (does it have to be stone? could I use mortared stone instead?) surrounded by a dirt layer outside of that, right?

3. Covered completely do you mean? So I make a stone floor (on dirt), four stone walls (with dirt walls on the outside of those), put the tailings in and then seal it with a stone roof with a layer of dirt over that, right?

4. Is there a minimum size this all needs to be, like a 5x5x5?

All that correct?

• Im wondering the same. At the moment, ive been dumping at a "dump site" that I made up... lol if far from most people and doesn't affect my crops. but id like to know details on proper waste management.

• Usually for a tailings dump I dig down on the side of a mountain till I'm at least 5 or more deep in stone then dig out a room at least 5 tall 6 long 6 wide so I can expand when I need more space for tailings

The Aussie 24/7 Servers Senior Admin
    https://www.aussie247eco.com/
    Server Discord https://discord.gg/Jps75CD

• It would be nice to get a proper answer to the questions instead of different experiences, tailings are supposed to be able to be stored in buildings without causing pollution according to the wiki

It would be nice if someone could write a list of materials that can contain tailings without leaking pollution and the requirements about how the building needs to be built like do we have to fill in the corners (not just the 8 blocks but the entire lines), can we have doors and very importantly does the stockpiles work properly with tailings if so does it count as a 5x5x5 stack of tailings if filled or as a 5x5x10 stack of tailings

Also I know for a fact that having dirt around a storage building for tailings isn't a requirement

If possible it would be nice if the devs said something about this issue or if someone with the sourcecode checked up on the specifics for storing tailings

• dont check wiki for info. the forums have the latest info. you cant build a room for tailings. thats incorrect. and as wanting more than people experience, good luck. the devs have released 7 or 8 versions of 6.0 in the past month and a half. this is alpha. things change. there are differences in storing tailing from early versions to the latest.
    dig a hole into a mountain and put a stockpile in there. its really that simple. dont try to complicate it till at least beta cause things may be different by tomorrow

• Wow that's some BS reasoning and it clearly shows you're neither a geek nor a QA tester because then you would know that getting every little bit of information is crucial, as for the wiki it was only to make a point that the information is lacking

I'm still looking for an answer for it because the last one is obviously made on assumptions and assumptions are useless

Also THIS IS THE FORUM which is why I search for information here because the wiki lacks information

A game being in alpha doesn't mean that you don't need information in fact it means you need even more information because of the changing game (though technically this is beta by proper development terms because the public have access)

From here on out can we try to get proper answers to the questions instead of assumptions and experiences and if you want to discuss development terms like alpha and beta then pm contact me in some other way than this thread

• for a professional tester you sure asked a vague question. i gave you the best answer you can get for that whining improper question.
    what version are you running. a "public" version? lots of different servers up. 5.4. 5.5, 5.6, 5.6.1. or are you running a staging version of 6.0? and which one? the one released yesterday? or one of the other 7 or so?
    ask a proper question and you might get a proper answer. making sarcastic points dont get proper answers

• and you can take my point across the entire forum. be aware of the dates on these posts. updates are happening often and lots of things are changing. looks like a couple to few weeks till the "public" version of 6.0 comes out. and when it does many of the answers on these forums will be worthless to people wondering about 6.0

• You're right that I could have mentioned the version though you might want to that when no version it's stated it's a stable version and since I asked about stockpiles there's only 2 choices of which one of them is a hotfix but putting all that aside I agree that I should have been way more precise in the information I gave and also I'm not a professional tester I'm a freelance QA tester which means I mainly work during debugging and then it's always the newest build of the piece of the game I'm assigned so I usually don't mention which build I'm on

But either way I'm still gonna look for information about this and when i get the time I'll just test it on a local world

On a sidenote you might want to wait with saying anything about when 0.6.0.0 is released as the devs have not made an official statement yet which means it's pure speculation and considering the time between versions so far we're looking at around 1-2 months

But for now let's let this debate lie until we have something concrete about the topic of the thread

• lol... freelancer doesnt mean you do it for free. i do freelancing too (though not QA testing) and that makes me a professional cause freelancers get paid.

side note. you just speculated on release in the same sentence you told me not to. get real.

and i read a dev comment that said they are trying to get 6.0 out for PAX though it may be a little longer. PAX is in 8 days, hence my couple to few weeks comment. i didnt speculate, i paraphrased a dev.

YOU speculated based on version release dates

• Are you really using "it's Alpha, don't try to get information because things change a lot" as an argument?

Really?

• im not using anything as an argument. i used "this is alpha. things change". (quotation marks are for exact quotes. dont use em if you arent quoting someone. that just makes u a liar right from the start). as an answer to a whining general question. keep it in context and keep it accurate

• Sorry that I didn't say it clearly before... stay on topic

For correcting minor mistakes go to the grammar and English police subforum

As for your reason for calling my question a "whining question" please go look up the words you use before you use them

So far you have given no proven information other than the fact that I made a few minor mistakes which is not part of this topic

• whaaaaaa... dont tell me to stay on topic while you are off topic. use some brains

• and misusing quotation marks isnt minor. thats what aholes do to change peoples words around. that is intentional. not capitalizing and not using punctuation is minor

• @KubeROX Somebody ask a question on a game mechanic, to which you don't have the answer. So you tell her that she shouldn't ask, and then the two of you go in some wild forum battle.

I'm not sure why it's offensive to you that somebody want to know how the game works.

• i didnt say she shouldnt ask. i said dont check wiki and i implied that the forums is where to go to ask. i answered her vague question correctly. she was complaining that all these answers are peoples personal experiences and whined the devs arent answering and people arent updating wiki for her. she even admitted she wasnt spacific and was being sarcastic. I ANSWERED HER QUESTION. there are all these personal experiences here because things are changing constantly. and as an admin i have dealt with so many noobs not understanding what burry it in stone means. thats the answer. you have to burry it surrounded by natural stone. you can tell that to a noob. u can show em how its done and they will go back to their property and do it wrong. and complain and blame it on all kinds of things. ....the offensive thing is the answer is there yet in comes the whining vague question.

• It's a precise question. The only thing vague here is the answer.

It's a game, it's meant to have fun with it. Doing the conventional thing is boring.
    When a noob handle the tailings wrong and we have a situation, I'm thrilled. It's something exciting happening.
    But I never have much to tell them other than "If you put them in a stockpile underground in stone it works" and "Well whatever, pollution don't do anything right now anyways".

If I knew how it works exactly I could work on creative solutions with them and save the day. You know, the good stuff.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!