Alpha 5 Hotfixes

• SERVER HOTFIX 4
    This is a server only patch. You can continue using the same alpha 5 client. This patch does not wipe saves, but backup your old ones just in case.

• Fix for grass killing everything. Plants will no longer get killed due to overcrowding.

CLIENT HOTFIX 3
    The client has been updated with a few fixes for alpha 5.

• Updated to unity 5.5
    • Fixed store collisions and interaction
    • Fixed minimap not loading
    • Tweaked size of smaller plants for better targeting
    • Fixed tools from clipping into other objects, use different FOV for held items (some items not yet finished)

SERVER HOTFIX 2
    This is a server only patch. You can continue using the same alpha 5 client. This patch does not wipe out saves, but backup your old server saves just in case. In order to save web data, extract this over your existing server folder, otherwise you will lose some map GIFs used to display layer information on your servers webpage.

Download from the accounts page.

Known Issues

• None of the player avatar belts show up

Changelist

• fix water not flowing on top of other water which makes waterfalls look very strange
    • Changed default interact distance from 3 to 4
    • Fix a bunch of world object exceptions on placement
    • Fixed https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/845 - PremadeGraphs was not regenerating graphs properly (#935)
    • improve tool selection rule logic
    • Give 5 property claims whenever learning a new skill (#941)
    • Minimap player icons centered on position #938
    • Don't ever hide cursor on login screen (#936)
    • Fixed https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/840
    • Added player prefs to save open state of some UI windows (#916)
    • fixed avatar tools go in their hands (#942)
    • Changed gender toggle labels on avatar creation UI
    • Fix seed planting and highlighting selection of the Hoe
    • Removed chimney requirements on some buildings, switched all pitch recipes to produce pitch.

Views

• with the officially mailer going out today, does that mean that the server has been hotfixed again?

• I was wondering if the dying ecosystem bug had been fix with the official announcement of alpha 5 :P
    Any info on that ?
    Was away for about a week and didn´t got all the infos on that issue yet :/

• @Metachronism so in your post you mention once the everything dies bug is fixed the mailer for alpha 5 would go out. So it already did but after running a server since yesterday, the populations are again massively dropping. =/

Also on my server at least, chat is broken, it does not update (only way I found to refresh is to close/open the chat window again).

• It should be, but let me double check. Its possible the server build on the site was not refreshed with the hotfix to prevent grass from taking over the world.

• A small hotfix was pushed to prevent plant death due to overpopulation, but it breaks some other things (notably you can dig up grass and get 'Grass' instead of Dirt)

This will be patched again along with another client hotfix very soon, if not later today then tomorrow.

• @Metachronism said:

A small hotfix was pushed to prevent plant death due to overpopulation, but it breaks some other things (notably you can dig up grass and get 'Grass' instead of Dirt)

This will be patched again along with another client hotfix very soon, if not later today then tomorrow.

SO does this mean if we reset our server with the new hotfix (if it´s yet been released) then it should all be fine now ? :P

• If all your plants have already died off due to overcrowding (from grass spreading) then its safest to restart. Grass will still spread like crazy, but it won't kill off the other plants in the process.

• I've been out of town for a week I see the plant die off has been addressed what about the massive animal die offs? also do I need to reset it? is there a way to spawn animal populations?

• @Metachronism Is it supposed to be possible to "weed" farmland? I noticed that shoveling the dirt out from under a plant causes the plant to disappear, but if you replace the dirt and use the soil sampler the plant is still there. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to clear dead/withered plants.

I'm curious how the soil suitability is calculated. Since I couldn't destroy the plants invading my farm area, I built a bridge across a lake, and placed dirt on top of the bridge, but it always gave me a 0% growth rate, even when the temp/moisture were close.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!