Alpha 5 Hotfixes

• SERVER HOTFIX 4
    This is a server only patch. You can continue using the same alpha 5 client. This patch does not wipe saves, but backup your old ones just in case.

• Fix for grass killing everything. Plants will no longer get killed due to overcrowding.

CLIENT HOTFIX 3
    The client has been updated with a few fixes for alpha 5.

• Updated to unity 5.5
    • Fixed store collisions and interaction
    • Fixed minimap not loading
    • Tweaked size of smaller plants for better targeting
    • Fixed tools from clipping into other objects, use different FOV for held items (some items not yet finished)

SERVER HOTFIX 2
    This is a server only patch. You can continue using the same alpha 5 client. This patch does not wipe out saves, but backup your old server saves just in case. In order to save web data, extract this over your existing server folder, otherwise you will lose some map GIFs used to display layer information on your servers webpage.

Download from the accounts page.

Known Issues

• None of the player avatar belts show up

Changelist

• fix water not flowing on top of other water which makes waterfalls look very strange
    • Changed default interact distance from 3 to 4
    • Fix a bunch of world object exceptions on placement
    • Fixed https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/845 - PremadeGraphs was not regenerating graphs properly (#935)
    • improve tool selection rule logic
    • Give 5 property claims whenever learning a new skill (#941)
    • Minimap player icons centered on position #938
    • Don't ever hide cursor on login screen (#936)
    • Fixed https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/840
    • Added player prefs to save open state of some UI windows (#916)
    • fixed avatar tools go in their hands (#942)
    • Changed gender toggle labels on avatar creation UI
    • Fix seed planting and highlighting selection of the Hoe
    • Removed chimney requirements on some buildings, switched all pitch recipes to produce pitch.

Views

• had server crash not sure the cause
    --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    12/02/2016 17:20:09

Exception
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eco Server\Dump\ClientUpdateException 12022009.ecodmp' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
    at Eco.Core.Utils.ExceptionExtensions.Dump(Exception exception, String dumpType)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_1()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

--END DUMP--

• hmmm that is a crash while trying to save the cause of another crash :)

• --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    12/02/2016 17:20:09

Exception
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Tree.GetBranchesBSON()
    at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Tree.SendInitialState(BSONObject bsonObj, INetObjectViewer viewer)
    at TreeEntity.SendInitialState(BSONObject bsonObj, INetObjectViewer viewer)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetObjectManager.GetInitialObjectStates(List`1 newObjects, INetObjectViewer viewer)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.Update()
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_1()

--END DUMP--

• thats from the same time

• Also cant get mini map to load

• Minimap will need a client-side fix.

• What do you mean it'll need a client side fix? Is there something we can do to fix it?

• Digging tilled soil crashes the client

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    12/02/2016 19:31:58

Exception
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.TryInvoke(Object controller, String methodname, BSONObject bsonArgs, Object& result)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.InvokeOn(BSONObject bson, Object controller, String methodname)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.HandleReceiveRPC(INetClient client, BSONObject bson)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.ProcessBuffer(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.Update(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_0()

--END DUMP--

• @Aiedail He mean that the end users with have to get a new revision I'm sure they are working on it. hopefully they will get it patched sooner

• Minor Bugs
    Monitor selection is wrong left goes to right and right goes to left on dual monitors.

Carts Bug out going between 0 and 999 so going over map edges.

Cant mine underwater. cant dig underwater.

Dirt doesn't attach to wood so it looks funky.

• mini trees are painful to clean up should be a way to either move it destroy them. they have full health and act like scaled full trees

• If a player picked up another players cart it crashes both the player picking up the cart and the cart owner. here is the dump
    --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    12/02/2016 19:49:22

Exception
    System.InvalidOperationException: Client must query for objects or blocks to interact with, neither specified.
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.TryInvoke(Object controller, String methodname, BSONObject bsonArgs, Object& result)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.InvokeOn(BSONObject bson, Object controller, String methodname)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.HandleReceiveRPC(INetClient client, BSONObject bson)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.ProcessBuffer(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.Update(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_0()

--END DUMP--

• Farming doesn't make much sense in new build we can't get anything to grow plants just instantly die. Player farming seems nearly impossible as it runs currently. the limit per 4x4 makes player farms kinda suck.

• Really liking this build, finally able to work up through mortared stone and bricks, now just got the long haul to get up to steel and cement. Only issue I'm having now is that the game freezes/crashes when I hit the "Quit" button, but that doesn't directly impact gameplay.

• Carts Teleport if you take them underground to above ground that's really annoying.

• Tha Lab is counting lumber as Stone

• Blast Furnace still requires unusable brick chimney.,

• Just a quick gameplay feedback. the skillpoint grind kinda sucks. I'm at a point in the game where I don't have much to do I'm just waiting to get more skill points to play the game. I would rather have the game require more gameplay to unlock the books and crafting tables then waiting on skill points to buy skill. alpha 5 seems to have made this problem quite a bit worse I actually think alpha 4 was a funner build. I'm giving this feedback because I really want this game to be successful but I feel that some changes to the skill trees and complexities to the new farming system are hurting the game more than they are helping. once again I don't mean this feedback to be taken negative I hope it help direct the games direction is a more enjoyable place.

• Well for me it's a matter of fixing the severe simulation madness that goes causing massive population drops in just hours after the server is running. With that it can achieve a decent balance to keep stuff rolling!

• @hepcatkip said:

Carts Teleport if you take them underground to above ground that's really annoying.

carts could always be teleport along with the player if used mine axe and hit the roof of the cave and dropped something on top of your head. it push u or mine cart through floor to the surface.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!